Friday, January 2, 2015

Dada's Weekend On

Playing catch up and going waaaay back again, to April 2014....

Jason wrote the post below about his adventures with the kids over two days in April (he went to California for three days in March while I had the kiddos, and was super amazing and gave me these two days, plus another day the following weekend, to work on various projects.  I mostly did photo stuff and relaxed!  I had a fun trip down memory lane going through a bin of old photos we have from over 10 years ago, posted a ton of photos to the blog, and worked on the kids' photo books on Shutterfly (one of my favorite hobbies)). They had some grand outings and it was a fun bonding time for them. Thank you to my wonderful hubby for this gift of time!!

----------------

Mama needed a few days to get stuff done, so I ran the kids around.

Twin Falls: 
We climbed trees along the way. 




They got tired enough on the way back to sit down and play with dirt.


We went to the zoo: 








As we walked in the gate with our map I asked what they wanted to see, and Ry immediately said: Snowy Owls. So we found them. This one looked especially happy.




Practice Camping: 
We've been talking about trying camping with the kids. Ry has been strongly in favor of the idea. And since the weather was cooperative, I grabbed our oldest small tent, a backpack, the stove, and a couple packages of fast camping food. It was a little colder and windier than I planned for, but they were thrilled to play in the tent where it was warmer. 



First we had some chicken with noodles. It went very fast. But not as fast as the blueberry cheesecake we had next. Then we packed it all up and went home.
The tent was in great shape, the stove worked perfectly, and the food was still good after a few years in storage.

----------------
Such a fun weekend with Dada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment