Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sunshine for my birthday

Our big month of celebrations continued... I had a wonderful birthday on the 18th! :) Ry Ry and Mei Mei were sweet to me all day with extra kisses and "happy birthday"s :).  We had a great time at our playgroup in the morning... talking, playing with the kids, and watching them run around together... and my friend who hosted added lunch for everyone too.  Jason decorated and got me flowers and my favorite cake (Princess Torte from Hoffman's Bakery)... so delicious!  The forecast was cloudy with showers, but the weather turned around and I got one of my wishes to have some sunshine for my birthday :)  After cake and presents (thank you again to our family and friends for the special gifts!), we all went to the hatchery to check out the salmon and enjoy the sun... we love it there, so much to see and do so close to home.  After that I went back home and Jason took the kids to the playground.  One of my favorite ways to relax in the summer is sitting out on our lawn on a blanket in the sun and resting, reading, planning, whatever... and it was lovely to have some time to do that.  For dinner we got my favorite pizza (I wanted a night off from cooking :) ).  I'm also planning to have brunch with a girlfriend and get a late birthday massage on a Sunday in a few weeks.  It was a wonderful day... I feel very loved, blessed, and thankful for another year and all the good things in my life.





A beautiful handmade circle scarf from my friend Charisa :)

I loved the drawings from my two and cards from family


And Kate Rusby CDs from them and Jason too

Checking out the fish in the top of the fish ladder

One of the interactive exhibits

Lots of salmon waiting!


Trying to jump the dam (there's a ladder to farther upstream or into the hatchery but both were closed that day).

No comments:

Post a Comment